Due to forthcoming expansion of the business to work directly in the asbestos sector, we currently have a requirement for an experienced Asbestos Scaffold Supervisor to join our team.
The successful candidate will be motivated, with a professional manner, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
The main responsibilities for this role include;
- Responsible for the supervision of all Asbestos scaffold operatives on site
- Preparation of the necessary Plan of Works, rescue plans and lifting plans in conjunction with the SHEQ Department
- Ensuring that works are undertaken in accordance with the prescribed Plan of Works and associated Risk Assessments whilst ensuring safe working practices for themselves and their operatives at all times.
- Ensure that all equipment, tools and materials are used correctly and that defects are reported immediately
- Competent inspection of RPE/ FPE and PPE, used correctly and defects are reported immediately
- Carrying out briefings, toolbox talks and guidance
- Promoting good practice relating to health, safety, environment and quality management
- Undertaking statutory inspections, monitoring and record keeping
- Ensuring the effective implementation of Asbestos Standard Operating Procedures within the business.
- Assisting in the investigation and reporting of accidents, incidents and non-conformances and making recommendations for corrective action
- Regular liaison with Contracts Manager/ SHEQ Department to ensure Asbestos related scaffold works are carried out as smoothly as possible.
- Ensure that good working relationships with customers, clients and Enforcement Authorities are built and maintained.
- Report any non-standard issues immediately to the Contracts Manager/ SHEQ Department.
The ideal candidate for this position will have;
- Computer literate: Email, Word, PowerPoint and Excel are essential skills for the job role including report writing
- Experience of working within the construction industry, particularly asbestos, working at height, scaffolding, construction and plant.
- Excellent knowledge of current Health, Safety, Environmental and Asbestos regulations Problem solving leadership and effective communication skills.
- Able to work effectively as part of a team whilst remaining calm and professional under pressure
- PC literate with good working knowledge of MS Office
- Full UK driving licence (Clean)
- The following current qualifications: o SMSTS or SSSTS (minimum) Certificate o CISRS Advanced Scaffolder Card o CISRS Supervisor Card o CISRS Advanced Scaffold Inspection Card o Licensed Asbestos Scaffolder Certificate o First Aid at Work Certificate (3-day) o RPE Inspection Certificate o Plan of Works and Risk Assessment Certificate o Asbestos Medical Certificate o RPE Face Fit Certificate
Job Location: London Based
Employment Status: Full Time
Employment Status: PAYE