Salary Range: Negotiable dependent on experience
Job Location: Welwyn Garden City
Employment Status: Full Time, PAYE
Hours: 08.00 – 17.00 Monday to Friday
The Controller/DMS Co-Ordinator will liaise between contracts managers, site supervisors, design and commercial departments. Will be responsible for accurate management and safeguarding of documentation generated by the project team, contractors and suppliers in support of the day-to-day operation of the project and in a manner that will enable all relevant parties to quickly retrieve them.
This will include but not limited to:
- Manage and oversee the implementation of Enterprise (BG DMS system) throughout the Company.
- Ensure and track on weekly basis that all departments are uploading all documents and emails (both digital & paper)) related to enquiry, project or design as well as all files related to IMS system.
- Develop a checklist for each department to follow each week to ensure nothing is missed.
- Update the checklist as company’s process is changing.
- Generate weekly reports highlighting each departments progress.
- Work closely with each department to refine DMS and the implementation & follow up.
- Assist with ISO.
- Staff training as required.
- Upkeep of Live Projects on Document Management system when live by:
- Ensuring emails/correspondence & files relating to projects are uploaded and stored correctly by each dept.
- Details and contacts up to date
- Assist with handovers of projects when won and setting up project
- Assist estimating department with chasing up enquires
- Ensure all templates used with the department conform to the Company standard.
- Carry out QA checks on all published information/documentation in accordance with project document control procedure
- Resolve drawing/document issue queries
- Travel to Dubai, Ireland or other countries may be required
- Ad hoc duties as required to assist the project team.
- Experienced Document Controller with large construction environment
- Demonstrate an understanding of Document and Drawing numbering systems and the Construction Industry Standard
- Basic understanding of Engineering / Procurement / Construction / Commissioning documents.
- Self-directed and highly-motivated.
- Able to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
- Detail-oriented, dependable and trustworthy.
- Software knowledge of Word/Excel/Adobe Packages/Use of Document Control systems/Portals
- Strong communication skills.
- Management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a professional telephone manner.
- Ability to evaluate, prioritize, organize work schedules.
- Proven decision making skills.
- Able to react quickly and effectively when dealing with challenging situations.
- Use of Union Square beneficial