Due to further planned expansion, we currently have a requirement for Trainee SHEQ Advisor to join our SHEQ team.
The main responsibilities for this role include;
- Preparation of project specific risk assessments, method statements, rescue plans and lifting plans
- Competent inspection of PPE/ FPE/ RPE
- Worker engagement
- Providing SHEQ compliance, advice, guidance with applicable legislation and industry best practice
- Carrying out inductions, training and toolbox talks
- Monitoring, internal auditing and reporting on safety, health, environment and quality (SHEQ) performance for yard, logistics and project operations
- Promoting good practice relating to health, safety, environment and quality management
- Supporting supply chain activities and the raising of SHEQ standards
- Assisting in the investigation and reporting of accidents, incidents and non-conformances and making recommendations for corrective action
- Undertaking statutory inspections/ internal audits/ Site SHEQ inspections/ PAT testing
- Ensuring the effective implementation of policies and procedures across the business
The ideal candidate for this position will have;
- Computer literate: Email, Word, PowerPoint and Excel are essential skills for the job role including report writing
- Experience of working within the construction industry, particularly working at height, scaffolding, construction hoists, mast climber work platforms and plant.
- Problem solving leadership and effective communication skills.
- Experience of supporting a business contract and/or providing support to a professional function
- Likely to have 2 years business experience.
- One of the following qualification:
- NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety
- First Aid at Work
- CISRS Scaffold Inspection (Basic/ Advanced)
- IRCA/ CQI Internal Auditor
- Environmental and Quality qualification
- Professional Membership IOSH/ IEMA/ CQI
Job Location: Mobile with London base
Employment Status: Full Time
Salary Range: Negotiable dependent on experience
Hours: 08.00 – 17.00 Monday to Friday
Employment Status: PAYE
Benefits: Company Pension Scheme; Company Van, Company Phone; Company Laptop.