We have recently been successfully accredited to the Achilles' Building Confidence Programme.
The Building Confidence Programme has been developed through a partnership between Achilles and Bovis Lend Lease; the programme is a supplier pre-qualification and accreditation service for the UK construction industry. Building Confidence is quickly becoming recognised as the standard for supplier excellence within the industry. Major contractors are using the service to evaluate their supply chains, drive up performance and forge longer lasting relationships with key suppliers.
The Building Confidence accreditation programme gives you confidence that your customers are using a fair, open and transparent process for contractor selection. At the same time the programme allows suppliers to:
• Demonstrate your commitment and capability to meet the new standards
• Receive a cost-effective review of your management systems
• Ensure your business meets the needs of the Building Confidence members and the wider construction industry
• Work with the Building Confidence members and Achilles to identify areas of improvement.
Achilles and Bovis Lend Lease are working together to encourage other construction industry clients and major contractors to utilise this accreditation process to help:
• Create deeper and more sustainable supply relationships in the future
• Ensure work is only awarded to the highest performing and most suitable contractors
• Reduce costs and duplication of effort in providing information to multiple customers.
The scheme has attracted additional major contractors including Shepherd Construction and British Land, who utilise the scheme as part of their pre-requisites for all their supply trading relationships.